Certified Peer Specialist (Addictions Program) - Full-Time
Union Category: X
Location: Duluth, MN
Salary: $15.39 (plus) per hour
Benefit Eligible - Yes
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY FOR ALL QUALIFIED PERSONS
Certified Peer Specialists ask questions, offer insight, and help service recipients as they become whole, resourceful, and capable of choosing what is best for them.
Certified Peer Specialists use a strengths-based approach helping service recipients find and utilize their values, assets, and strengths while supporting them in achieving success. They recognize that it is normal for recovering service recipients to have gaps in their skills or development. The role of the specialist is to help service recipients recognize and fill these gaps with the skills needed. Certified Peer services focus on the present and future and are based on partnership with the recipient.
The role of Certified Peer Specialists can be viewed on a continuum of services and falls between the role of recovery support individuals/recovery sponsor. Certified Peer Specialists ask questions, offer insight, and help service recipients as they become whole, resourceful, and capable of choosing what is best for them.
1. Have a high school diploma or its equivalent;
2. Have a minimum of one year in recovery from substance use disorder;
3. Be certified as a peer specialist in addictions that demonstrates skills and training in the domains of ethics and boundaries, advocacy, mentoring and education, and recovery and wellness support
4. Must possess a valid drivers license and reliable transportation.
5. Ability to pass criminal and DHS background study.
FILING APPLICATIONS: APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED OR POST-MARKED BY THE CLOSING DATE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED. Job applicants must meet all minimum qualifications. It is the responsibility of the applicant to verify that applications are on file on or before the closing date.
The Human Development Center
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Minorities Encouraged to Apply